Location History is the Pulse of the Business
To compete in the on-demand economy, it is critical for companies to continuously improve and optimize field operations. Collecting the history of fulfillment locations, parking spots, routes, and job sites helps teams create a picture of how long it takes technicians to complete tasks in the field or how long it takes a gig worker to arrive at a job site. These data points come together to give operations teams the most important information about how work is done in the field and what can be done to improve. Location history is particularly important for companies that provide home services, professional services in the field, delivery businesses, and on-demand workforce and labor.
Key Benefits of Location History
How is location data used?
Location data is imperative in various sectors. It enhances services in navigation, weather forecasting, security, and even marketing. Different applications use location data to provide personalized recommendations and alerts based on a user's geographic position. For instance, map applications use location data to provide accurate routes, while weather apps use it to provide local weather updates. Hence, location data enhances the user experience by delivering personalized and localized services.
Most importantly, teams can leverage location history data to make each subsequent delivery or service order more efficient.
How does location history impact businesses? Review the following list to see how your operations can benefit from location history.
- Efficiency in operations: Knowing the locations where services are frequently required can help businesses in efficiently planning their operations. For example, for a home services company, knowing the areas where the demand is high can help them assign more professionals to that area, thereby reducing response time.
- Customer service: For delivery businesses, location history can help in providing accurate delivery times to customers. Knowing the routes and the average delivery time can help in better informing the customers about the expected delivery time.
- Cost optimization: Location history can help businesses in optimizing their costs. For instance, a professional service company can minimize their travel costs by planning the most efficient route based on location history.
- Insights for expansion: Location history can provide valuable insights for businesses looking to expand their services. The areas with high demand can be potential places for expansion.
- Safety and security: For on-demand workforce and labor companies, knowing the location history of their employees can ensure their safety and security. This can also be crucial in case of any emergencies.
- Regulatory compliance: In some industries, businesses are required to maintain location history for compliance purposes. These records can be used for audits or other regulatory checks.
- Analytics and decision making: Location history data can also be used in data analytics to make better business decisions. For example, businesses can identify patterns in demand, peak service times, or customer behavior based on location data.
This shows how location data can be used across the organization to inform a range of initiatives. From customer satisfaction to cost optimization, location data is a strategic lever for on-demand businesses.
Therefore, it is critical for businesses in the on-demand economy to maintain and analyze location history. It can help in improving their services, enhancing customer satisfaction, reducing costs, and ensuring safety and compliance. Most importantly, teams can leverage location history data to make each delivery or service order more efficient.
HyperTrack provides the building blocks to automate on-demand jobs and workforce for hourly and shift labor, field service, field sales, and delivery. Our order APIs for planning, assignment, tracking, and verification learn from ground truth data to improve operations KPIs. Customers across all inhabited continents use HyperTrack’s comprehensive suite of APIs, SDKs, and webhooks to build solutions integrating mobile,maps, and cloud. Start building with the free trial at https://hypertrack.com/.